Sugar Siren Cakes News

Please note that this blog is very very out of date so for a much wider variety & more up to date photos please head over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SugarSirenCakes where photos are in categorised albums making them much easier to view, thank you.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

More of my 'Deluxe Gourmet' cupcakes, Lemon meringue flavour this time.


The cake base is my 'Citrus Zing' cake (lemon flavour of course).


I then filled each cupcake with a generous pocket of fresh lemon curd.


Next was the super light & fluffy marshmallow like meringue frosting which I browned with my culinary blow torch (it's good fun doing that part).


& finally a good sprinkle of fresh lemon zest & yellow sugar.


These would have to be one of my favourites as they are not as heavy as all the chocolate laden ones, although I like all those too sometimes ;-)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails